This Saturday, May 17th, is International Restaurant Day, and Montreal is celebrating in full force.
A global event, Restaurant Day is held in over 27 countries, all with the same premise: create a pop-up restaurant for a single day.
Anyone can participate and live their restaurant-owner dreams, and more than a few Montrealers are taking part.
Here are the participating eateries of Montreal's Restaurant Day.
* Un ti-bécot*
- Get some sweet treats like cupcakes, cheesecakes, muffins.
La Belle Provence
- Not the classic MTL-eatery but will be serving some traditional Quebecois cuisine, all on a beautiful terrasse.
- In this back alley you can get some authentic Mexican, like tacos, quesadillas and home made salsa. Bringing your own beer fine too!
- Head to the third floor for some "Rimouski heat."
Mélange des cultures
- Two roommates are incorporating a mix of cuisines, from Chinese to Italian, for their delicious dishes.
The MTL kitchen collective
- Grab a light Saturday lunch of beet burgers on Portuguese buns and homemade iced tea, perfect for vegetarians/vegans.
- Burgers of all sorts will be served (beef, mushroom, egg) with all the fixings and with some wine on the side for drankin'.
Limonade LEMO Lemonade
- Enjoy some cooling lemonade and LEMO-creations at the park at St. Zotique and Clark.
Délices dans la ruelle
- Zesty vegetarian dishes and a live DJ await you.
Tard Tard chez Frank
- Signature meat, fish, and shellfish tartars by Frank. RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org to get a spot
- Japanese, Indian, French-Mexican and Mexican cuisines at the low price of only $2-$5.
- Bring a bottle of your drink of choice and enjoy good food and some good jazz too.
- Tasty appetizers for all, and grilled chicken skewers with potato gratin and Senegalese rice for those staying for dinner.