A Chicken Wing Falafel Pita With Ranch Tzatziki... OMG!!!
You will find this unstoppably tasty.
Photo cred - halfbakedharvest
It seems like every food porn post you see on the internet lately is just something you already knew about with either bacon, Nutella or Siracha added. Oh, you have some onion rings? Let's make those bacon wrapped Sriracha onion rings. Got some hotdogs in the fridge? Dip 'em in nutella! Okay that last one would be pretty gross. But you get what I mean, food bloggers are getting lazy.
So when I came across this unusual combination I knew I had to write about it. Feast your eyes on the Spicy Buffalo Wing Style Falafel Pita with Garlic Blue Cheese Fries And Ranch Style Tzatziki. (Or as I like to call it: The Buffalofel) It is by far the most original recipe I've ever see. Think about it, not only does the falafel have a buffalo twist, but tzatziki that accompanies it has a ranch twist so that they compliment each other perfectly.
For the truly daring who are willing to undertake the task of making these, here's what you'll need:
For the Garlic Blue Cheese Fries you'll need:
- 4 potatoes, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of parsley, 1 tablespoon and 4 ounces of crumbled blue cheese.
- Cut your potatoes and toss them in a bowl with the oil garlic and parsley (salt and pepper to taste) Bake for 15-20 minutes at 425 degrees then flip and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Once they're done toss them in a bowl with the blue cheese and the basil.
For the ranch Style tzatziki you'll need:
- Half a cup of ranch dressing, 1/3 cup of plain yogurt, half a teaspoon, half a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, half a teaspoon of dried oregano, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of olive oil and a chopped cucumber.
- Combine all the ingredients except for the cucumber. once well blended, add the cucumber and refrigerate.
For the Falafel:
- We recommend using pre-made falafel and simply tossing them in buffalo sauce because even if you make them from scratch, the buffalo sauce is only added after they're cooked not directly in the chickpea puree.
- Toss the cooked falafel balls in a bowl with the buffalo sauce and bake them for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
Grab a pita and throw in the falafel, top with some fries and blue cheese, add an extra shot of buffalo sauce and wrap it all up.