Apple pie is the reining leader of the dessert world. Everything about it is perfection. The fruity filling combined with a crumbly yet doughy crust makes the perfect treat for any occasion. I don't know about you, but whether it's the dead of winter or the hottest day of the year, I will always say yes to a slice of apple pie.
While this dessert needs no improvement, that doesn't mean we can't play with its form. And this masterful creation, made by the lovely people at My Columbus Magic, has put an interesting spin on our beloved pie. The birth of the apple pie taco is an event that will be commemorated for years to come. If you want to take a crack at this immaculate meal, here is what you'll need.
- 4 Apples (peeled & sliced)
- ½ Cup of Sugar
- 2 Tsp of Cinnamon
- ½ Tsp of Nutmeg
- ½ Cup of Water
- Tortilla’s (flour) 6″ size
- 1 Tsp of Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup of Sugar-Cinnamon Mixture
- Whipped Cream (optional)
How To Make It:
- Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a sauce pan.
- Stir until well blended and cover and cook on medium stirring frequently For 10 minutes or until apples are semi soft. If needed, thicken sauce using 1 Tbs. of cornstarch to 3-4 Tbs. of water. Stir until thickened
- In a separate pan, heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on tortilla in the oil for a few seconds.
- Then lay it on one side until browned and then place other side down until browned. Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture.
- Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.
- Eat up!