Photo cred - Deliciously Yum
If there is one thing that everyone loves eating on a nice sunny morning it's warm, fluffy pancakes, stacked high, and drenched in delicious maple syrup. But preparing pancakes is usually a chore that no one to do, as it requires you loiter over the stove, ladling batter in batches, making a mess. Then you waste even more time as you find a plate to stack your lukewarm pancakes and are forced to eat them with a knife and fork, like a peasant.
We found a much simpler solution to this age-old dilemma, curtesy of Deliciously Yum, that puts all the goodness of your favourite pancake in easy-to-make, bite-size versions - The Pancake Popper.
Like any popper, it's all about the convenience and fun of popping tasty eats into your mouth, and repeating until your belly is full. Pancake poppers definitely fit the bill.
All you need is a cake pop pan, or cupcake pan if you ain't fancy like that, a standard pancake recipe, and the patience to wait until they're finished cooking.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- Combine all your dry ingredients, except chocolate chips
- Add wet ingredients, except egg white
- Whisk together until smooth
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks are formed
- Gently fold into batter
- Add chocolate chips
- Scoop into greased cake pop pan
- Bake for 12 minutes in oven preheated to 375F
And that's it! Dunk those warm, fluffy balls of deliciousness in some syrup and your whole day just got better. You're welcome.
Check out the full Deliciously Yum recipe here.