After a rainy start, I think it's pretty safe to say that summer has arrived in Montreal (hopefully I didn't just jinx it). And while summer is a magical time in the city, things can get a little hot up in here. And no, not the good kind of hot. The kind of hot that has your thighs sticking to the bus seats. Not attractive. But luckily, that won't happen to you. Why? Because you've refreshed yourself with this heavenly cucumber lemonade, from A Beautiful Mess. Read on to find out how you can beat the heat and enjoy the health benefits of cucumbers all at once:
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 ounces of lemon juice
- 3 ounces of cucumber juice (or is it cucumber water?)
- 2 ounces gin (or vodka)
- Club soda
- 2 ounces simple syrup (if that's not available, I found substituting club soda for Sprite did the trick)
- Optinal: lemons & cucumbers for garnish
How you do it:
- Mix the lemon and cucumber juices together in a tall glass. If you have the syrup, add that in too.
- Add ice and the club soda (or Sprite).
- Garnish if desired, and enjoy!
And that's it. Who knew keeping yourself refreshed would be so simple and tasty?