Coffee is amazing, you don't need me to tell you that. Whether you like it black, sweetened, strong, iced or drenched (a.k.a. ruined) with whipped cream, chocolate and cinnamon rest assured there is a right coffee for you. But there's a new twist coming to the world of coffee. Cold brewed coffees are becoming more popular and drinkers aren't satisfied with only modifying the temperature of their coffee, that's why they've been lacing their cold brews with fruit.
And if you're unsure about how that sounds, check out how it looks instead.
You can't tell me that doesn't look delicious. Even a coffee purist such as myself would give it a try. And I hate trying new things.
This Lemon & Blueberry Cold Brewed Coffee was created by saltspringcoffee and it immediately motivated me to track down the recipe. Turns out all you need is ground coffee, a coffee filter, some lemons, some blueberries, a fridge and 12 hours.
- Mix in your coffee grounds and your water (same ratio as you would with your normal coffee)
- Add a slice of lemon and about a dozen blueberries
- Cover it and let it sit for 12 hours
- Pour the content through a coffee filter to get rid of the grounds and the fruit.
- Add ice cubes and garnish with a lemon wedge and a few more blueberries.