Photo cred - The Montreal Buzz
Food truck season is officially all year round in Montreal, as we won't be having a break in street food offerings this winter. While last year the city had First Saturdays at the Olympic Stadium as a venue for all food trucks to congregate in the colder months, in winter 2015 Parc Jean-Drapeau will be the grounds for Montreal's winter food truck festival, as part of Fête des neiges.
Titled "Trippe & Bouffe," the mini food truck festival will begin when Fête des neiges does, so weekends from January 17 to February 8. All the food trucks will be set up near the giant tube slide so you can ride and eat, though not in the reverse order, lest you relive your eating experience, just in the much less enjoyable in-to-out method.
Once the sun sets, the party-part of Trippe & Bouffe begins, as the tube slide transforms into a "Disco-tube," which will be as funky as it sounds. A light show will illuminate the night, beats will be blasted by an on-site DJ, with special performances planned for evening as well. All the food trucks will remain open throughout the nighttime party, meaning you'll have plenty of food to eat while having fun.
7 different food trucks are currently on the street food set list for Trippe & Bouffe, which are all listed below, so you can start planning out your eating schedule:
- Das Food Truck - German-themed with plenty of poutine, schnitzels, and (hopefully) deep-fried oreos.
- Pizzeria no 900 napolitaine - classic Italian pizza baked on-site in a wood burning oven.
- Boîte à fromage - serves the fancy version cheesy potatoes otherwise known as raclette.
- Délices d'antan - potato donuts in various flavours.
- La Sandwicherie Zoe's - delicious sandwiches that are more than meal in themselves.
- Lola's petits gâteaux - cupcakes of every sort.
- Traiteur Guru - traditional Indian dishes that are sure to warm you up.
Get all the info on Trippe & Bouffe and Fete des neiges by heading to the official event listing here.
Are you looking for more? Click here for Montreal’s “Dasfoodtruck” Now Sells “Deep Fried Oreos” For Your Mouths >
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte