Montreal's "Little Italy" Pizza Week 2014 Begins This Friday
Photo cred - yummyinmytumbly
Pizza, perhaps the most widely loved and eaten foreign food in North America, will be getting its very own culinary celebration in Montreal. Starting this Friday, October 3rd, and running 'til October 11th, Little Italy will be host to the 3rd edition of Pizza Week, a food event all about everyone's favourite kind of pie.
At the core of the Pizza Week celebrations will be pizza, obviously, as restaurants throughout Little Italy will be offering specially crafted pies during the event for only $15. That may seem a bit pricey for some 'za, but these are legit pizzas created by trained Italian chefs, not the junk you get on St.Lo at 3am, so the price is actually not too bad.
Free workshops on how to make your own gorgeous pie will also be held, although apparently all spots have been booked up, which is a total bummer. If you really want to attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out if any workshop opens up with some space.
A special Italian style 5à7 will also be held on Thursday, October 9th, as part of Pizza Week, going down at Ristorante Pizzeria Corneli (map). Live music will make for a lively drinking session, and plenty of food will be available, with a fixed price dinner offered at $15. Weekly 5à7 have been hosted in Little Italy since August (and will continue 'til Oct. 30th) but the Pizza Week edition aims to be extra special.
Now, onto the good stuff. Below is the full list of participating Pizza Week restaurants, along with their special pizzas created solely for the event, all priced at $15.
- Bottega (65 St-Zotique E) - Pizza Ludovico (potatoes, lard, rosemary)
- Café Epoca (6778 St-Laurent) - Soup + Special pizza (bresaola, arugula, parmigiano)
- Café International (6714 St-Laurent) – Special pizza (caramelized onions, prosciutto, arugula, figs & mascarpone)
- Gema (6827 St-Dominique) – Special pizza (Brussels sprouts, pumpkin, pancetta, taleggio)
- Gigi’s (50 St-Zotique E) – 1+1= Two pizzas of your choice
- La Fornarina (6825 St-Laurent) – La Romana (mozzarella, bocconcini, sundried tomatoes)
- Paparazzi (6918 St-Laurent) – Special pizza (shrimps, zucchini, basil's pesto)
- Piatto Pieno (177 St-Zotique) - La Luciano (with Italian BBQ smoked meat)
- Pizza Motta (303 Mozart) – All you can eat pizza party + dessert = 9.99 $ (Wednesday and Friday only)
- Pizzeria Napoletana (189 Dante) – Pizza mortadella (mortadella with pistachios, bocconcini, fresh tomatoes, parmigiano)
- Primo e secondo ( 7023 St-Dominique) – Pizza Stabile (fried pizza with fresh tomatoes and smoked mozzarella)
- Quindici (15 Bélanger) – Special pizza (cournouaille boucané chiken, grilled asparagus, grilled red peppers, grilled red onions, mozzarella, tomato sausage)
- Ristorante Pizzeria Corneli (6741 St-Laurent) – Pizza bella (tomato sausage, potatoes, caramelized onions)
- Ristorante Pizzeria Pomodoro (6834 St-Laurent) – Special pizza (fiordilatte, kale, pancetta, red onions)
- Tartufo D’oro (6961 St-Laurent) – Porchetta’s Calzone
- Travaglini Aliments Fins (152 . Mozart) – Three slices of pizza from different selections
- Via Roma (7064 St-Laurent) - Pizza alla Norma (eggplants, ricotta)
- Vinizza (150 Jean Talon E) - Tricolore (fiordilatte, caciocavallo, fresh tomatoes, basil)
Pizza Week begins on Friday, October 3rd and end on Saturday, October 11th. Find out more info about Pizza Week by heading to the official event listing here.
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte