For some, poutine is a food. But for others, poutine is life. And for those of us who worship the almighty fries, curds and gravy, we take poutine etiquette very seriously.
There are rules when it comes to poutine. Rules that cannot be broken otherwise you might incur the wrath of the Sauce Boss. These are the rules we're talking about. The 10 commandments of poutine.
1. Thou shalt not put mayonnaise on thine poutine
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
2. Thou shalt have no other drunken junk food cravings before me, thine gravy soaked lord
You must remain faithful.
3. Thou shalt not worship false idols, like chili-cheese-fries
Photo cred - forgetthebox
4. Though shalt remember Poutine Week and keep it holy
The holiest week of the year.
5. Thou shalt eat thine poutine within 30 minutes of purchasing it or thine fries will be soggy
Respect the poutine enough to eat it in a timely manner.
6. Thou shalt never leave leftover poutine
No fry left behind.
7. Thou shalt not use grated cheese under any circumstance
I'm looking at you Double Pizza.
8. Thou shalt not put ketchup on thine poutine.
Oh dear god! No!!!!!
Photo cred - mangerensemble
9. Thou shalt not share thine poutine with thy neighbors or thine neighbor's wife.
And never covet thy neighbor's poutine.
10. Thou shalt not eat poutine near co-workers who haven't had lunch yet.
I did this earlier today and they all fuckin' hate me now.