I've said it once and I'll say it again: when life gives you bacon, wrap it around stuff. That should be everyone's mantra, especially during summer BBQ season, and the folks over at Grilling 24x7 have found a new way to enrobe things in pig meat: Smoked Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings.
Made with Sriracha (what else?) these onion rings take the classic hamburger side dish to new levels of artery clogging deliciousness, and are very easy to make. All you need are sweet onions (obvi), bacon (duh), Sriracha (if you don't have this on-hand go die please) and a BBQ to cook it all, but you could probably use an onion and be fine too.
Here's the process:
1. Cut your onions into sizable rings.
2. Slather 'em in Sriracha. This isn't just gratuitous Sriracha-ing, it actually helps the bacon stick to the onion.
3. Wrap 'em in bacon, putting toothpicks through to keep the wrapping tight.
4. Toss 'em on a 300F grill for about 90 minutes.
5. Devour 'em. Best paired with some Sriracha mayo.
For more on all things delicious, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte