November is a bit of an awkward and difficult month for Canadians. It's a time of seasonal transition, characterized by both lovely fall afternoons and frosty winter evenings.
Night falls at 5pm, and the period of magical fall colours comes to a close, but fluffly, wintry snow has yet to arrive. Instead, drivers and pedestrians have to navigate among slush, frost, and soggy, decaying piles of leaves.
But if you shift your persepective on November and instead consider the glass half full, you'll quickly see that this month is a great time to get into the holiday spirit.
As this list will show you, serious holiday energy is taking over Montreal this November.
Check out some of these FREE events coming over the next few weeks and enjoy the snow-free streets while you still can!
1. Check out vintage bazar in Longueuil
Where: 1105 Boulevard Desaulniers, Longueuil
When: Saturday November 17th, 2018
2. Check out this massive used book bazar
Where: L'Euguélionne // librairie féministe 1426 Beaudry
When: Sunday, November 4th // 12pm
3. Pick up some cute house plants and check out the Plantzy Tour in Longueuil
Where: Place Longueuil // 825 rue St-Laurent Ouest
When: Thursday November 8th - November 11th
4. Check out Marché de Novembre at Ausgang Plaza
Where: Ausgang Plaza // 6524 St-Hubert
When: Saturday, November 17th // 10am
5. Check out the late night party at the MAC museum
Where: MAC Musée d'art contemporain // Sainte-Catherine Ouest
When: Friday November 9th // 5pm-2am
6. Check out a seasonal "Polish Food & Culture" Bazar in NDG
Where: Paroisse Saint-Antonin // 5391 rue Snowdon
When: Saturday and Sunday November 3rd & 4th // 10am-4pm
7. Start your holiday shopping at the huge EtsyMTL Holiday Market
Where: Windsor Station // 1100 Rue de la Gauchetiere Ouest
When: Thursday November 22 - November 24th // 11am-7pm
8. Hunt for treasure at Citizen Vintage's monthly studio sale
Where: 5333 Casgrain ave. Studio #712
When: Saturday, November 17th // 1pm
9. Check out local creators' Christmas Market for unique gift ideas
Where: Evo Montréal // 777 Rue Robert-Bourassa
When: Saturday November 24th, 11am
10. Check out the official SOUK @ SAT annual holiday market
Where: Société des arts technologiques // 1201 Boul. Saint-Laurent
When: Wednesday November 28th, 29th & 30th // 12pm-9pm
11. Check out Montreal's "ToyCon" a huge Sci-Phi and Anime convention
Where: Courtyard by Marriott Montreal Airport // 7000 Place Robert-Joncas,
When: Sunday, November 4th // 10am-4pm
12. Check out a bi-monthly wine night at Bar Kabinet
Where: Bar Kabinet // 92 Laurier Ouest
When: Wednesday November 7th & 21st // 7pm
13. Check out this Queer Clothing Swap hosted by the Concordia Student Union
Where: Concordia Hall Building 7th Floor (1455 de Maisonneuve O.)
When: Wednesday November 7th // 11am
14. Check out the Concordia Greehouse Plant Sale!
Where: Concordia Greenhouse // 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W. 13th floor
When: Thursday, November 15th // 2pm
15. Check Montreal's iconic "Grand Marché de Noel"
Where: St-Denis & Emery street (between De Maisonneuve and Ontario)
When: Starting on November 30th!