10 Free Things To Do In Montreal For Canada Day 2015
Save your money for the important things, like Beavertails and poutine.
Canada Day is just around the corner, and for most of us that means we have the day off! I don't know about you but a mid-week break is certainly a welcomed one for me. Montreal always has a ton of events going on, especially on a big holidays like Canada Day, so if you find yourself lucky enough to have a completely clear schedule this Wednesday, here are a few ways to spend your day that won't cost you a penny.
1. Get your day started at the Saint-Catherine Street Canada Day Parade
2. Take a moment to watch the 21 canon salute @ 12:21 in Old Port
3. Get your fill of family-friendly activities in Old Port, with everything from face painting, to inflatable obstacles, to hockey
4. Watch as new Canadians are sworn in as citizens, and grab yourself a slice of celebratory Canada Day cake
5. Catch some rays @ Clock Tower Beach, open from 11am - 9pm
6. Head over to the Village for the MTL En Arts festival to check out some amazing Montreal art
7. Rock out @ the Old Port Closing Show Concert featuring 8 Canadian bands and artists
8. Check out a free performance or two @ the Montreal Jazz Fest
9. Enjoy free entrance to the McCord Museum from 5-6pm to learn some Canadian history