35 Free Things To Do This February 2015 In Montreal
Leave your wallet at home.
Photo Cred - Michael Vesia
Everyone knows that things are always better when they're free. And they're even better if you're actively trying to save some cash. Maybe you're still feeling the drainage from the holiday season, or trying to save up for an epic spring break trip. And of course we can't forget the ever expensive Valentine's Day rearing it's head this month. Either way, there are plenty of things you can do in and around Montreal that won't cost you a
1. Catch the last day of Quartier Des Spectacles’ Luminotherapie on February 1st
2. Get your winter celebration on @ Fete des Neiges in Parc Jean-Drapeau
3. Use your Fete Des Neiges ACCRO Passe for free admission to the Biosphere.
4. Same thing goes for the Stewart Museum.
6. Indulge your sweet-tooth at the Montreal Chocolate Festival, February 6th-8th
7. Find your calm in the cold with Snow Yoga @ Parc La Fontaine
9. Stop drinking and hit the gym with a free membership @ Energie Cardio
10. Test out your skating and curling skills at L’Hivernale
11. Grab your toboggan and head over to Mont-Royal for some sledding fun
12. Try robot-made poutine during Montreal’s Poutine Week @ L’Auberge St-Gabriel
14. Learn some Canadian history @ the McCord Museum, Wednesdays after 5:00
15. Go and listen to weekly classical music performances @ L’Oasis Musicale
16. Pull an all nighter and get your fill of music, sports, and culinary arts on the 28th for Nuit Blanche 2015
18. Mingle with up-and-coming artists while sipping on some free bubbly @ Soirée Art et Bulles
20. Parc Olympique will host Barbegazi, Montreal's ultimate outdoor sports event, February 14-15
21. Try your hand at gaming @ Montreal Joue, starting February 21st
22. Complexe Desjardins is going to get super cheesy on the 19th for the Festival of Quebec Cheeses
23. Take a trip off the island and go to Festival Feu et Glace for snow shoeing, ice castles, and fireworks
24. Meet up with fellow foodies @ Salon Du Livre Gourmand, from Feb 26-28
26. Use your OPUS card to get a free tower ride at Parc Olympique
27. Check out the “Trippe & Bouffe” food tuck festival @Parc Jean-Drepeau until February 8th
28. Simultaneously let our your wild side and your inner nerd by participating in a Harry Potter Strip Spelling Bee
29. Go into the underground city to view amazing contemporary art @ Art Souterrain
30. Stay inside and avoid the cold.
31. Attend the public screening of a "Fedrick Law Olmsted: Designing America" about the architect that designed Mount Royal Park
32. Watch the Montreal ice canoe races in Old Port on February 21
33. Learn about space at McGill's Public Astro Night lecture
34. Enjoy some guilt-free spoonfuls of Nutella on World Nutella Day (February 8th)
35. Partake in one of the many events going on in Montreal for Black History Month