Summer in the city is packed with all kinds of things to do. Montreal offers you just a bunch of FREE activities. Montrealers the end of the summer is coming and we all know how angry our bank account is with us. Even if we're broke, Montreal still allows us to have a lot of fun. See our list of 40 Free Things to do this august 2014 in Montreal.
- Rendez-Vous of Italian Cinema: Every Wednesday at 8:30 PM’ til August 6 at Dante Park map
- Aires Libres in the Village up until september 1st.
- Get a Tan: here are all the best spots
- Free Museum Nights: McCord is free on Wednesdays, the CCA is gratis on Thursdays, the Museum of Fine Arts is free for all ages the last Sunday of the month (other days depending on age) and the Redpath museum is always charge-less, to name a few.
- Tam Tams: Every Sunday, the biggest chill sesh in the city.
- Yoga in the Park: Every Sunday, more info here
- Montreal’s Clocktower Beach: Always free for you to chill at, all details here
- Saint-Michel Environmental Complex: Tours are free if you're a Montreal resident
- Take a walk! (we suggest one up the mountain, around Jean Drapeau parc)
- Bike your town! (we suggest the bike path along the St Lawrence, around Ile-des-Soeurs, Jean Drapeau Park)
- Downtown Film Screening Under The Stars: July 12th & 13th, find out more
- Take a nap at Parc La Fontaine
- Urban Yoga: Every Wednesday of the summer all the info
- Village Éphémère: A boardwalk of epic proportions, all free, with all the info here
- Pride 2014 in the village a whole lot of things going on within a 1km walk. Aug. 11-17. Info
- Montreal Gay Village Street Sale from Berri to Papineau Aug. 28-31.
- Chinatown street Sale Aug. 13-17
- Promenade Ontario Street Sale Aug. 28-31
- Montreal Italian Week Aug. 15-17
- Monkland Village Street Festival and Sidewalk Sale Aug. 21-24
- Plaza St. Hubert Street Sale Aug.21-24
- Nuit Blanche sur Tableau Noir A big party about art and cinema. Mt Royal Ave. Aug.28-31
- The Main/St. Laurent Street Fair Aug.21-24
- Promenade Wellington Street fest Aug 21-24
- Montreal Fashion and Design Festival 2014 Outdoors catwalk at Place des Festivals Au. 20-23 Info
- Orange Julep Muscle Cars Julep hosts informal car shows every week Tuesday to Thursday. Decarie/Namur.
- Free Concerts, enjoy several free recitals courtesy of McGill University's Schulich School of Music. info
- Montreal’s City Hall free guided tour from May through October. Info
- Tango Libre Free Class at Jean Drapeau Park Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday Night
- Montreal Gourmand The “rendez-vous” for Wine, Cheese, Chocolate LOVERS. Montreal Old Port, in front of Centre des Sciences.
- Auto-guided tour Old Port of Montreal Online or download a guide to your electronic device to discover the History of the Port.
- Festival Orientalys a fusion between East and West at Quai Jacques-Cartier Old Port. Facebook event page
- Do not adjust your set! Exhibition on vintage television at Cinematheque Quebecoise. Info
- Walking tour of Quartier des Spectacles corner of Balmoral and Ste-Catherine For Reservations
- Berlin – The Passage Of Time (Places and Monuments – 6) A video installation from Past and Present Berlin at Foyer Luce-Guilbeault
- OSM Classical Spree Festival Quartier des Spectacles a lot of free activities going on. Site
- Floralies Garden Nature and Public Art at Jean Drapeau Parc Info
- Jarry Park stroll in the heart of Jarry park with an audio promenade to RE-discover the park download the audio guide here
- Westmount library Summer Film Club Wednesday 2pm Westmount Room. Info
- Orchestre Metropolitain Concert at the Mount-Royal Chalet Aug. 7 19h Info
We're sure there's way more.
If you hear about a free activity feel free to let Juan know on twitter @monjuanca
3. Take a look at la Tohu's Falla for outdoor concerts, Family activities and an amazing Fire show Aug. 14-16 Info