Photo cred - queensizedflava.com
Black Friday draws ever closer, meaning a plethora of sales from all sorts of retail stores will go live this Friday, November 28th in Montreal and Canada at-large. Keep in mind, however, that capping off the weekend of savings is Cyber Monday, a special shopping "holiday" that goes hand in hand with Black Friday, and will similiarly offer tons of deals to all Montrealers, that will also extend well beyond the island and reach all of Canada.
Before we delve into the mechanics of Cyber Monday, make sure you're in the know regarding Black Friday, because before any savings go online, the sales will start in-store, for the most part. Now that you're acquainted, lets delve into the not-quite-a-mystery that is Cyber Monday.
1. What the Heck Is Cyber Monday EXACTLY?
As the name suggests, and already alluded to, Cyber Monday is the unofficial day when major retailers launch all kinds of sales on their online stores. Savings can come in the form of free shipping, major discounts, or the classic buy-one-get-one. Each store will differ, so make sure you read on to find out who will be participating and how you can best capitalize off of the many online sales.
2. When Will Sales Start?
Cyber Monday officially begins on Monday, December 1st, though certain stores will be offering deals early, with some just starting on Black Friday. Other stores will launch their online sales right at midnight/12am on Cyber Monday. It's important to keep tabs on which retailers will be beginning their sales when, because a little planning prior to Cyber Monday can save you some serious cheddar and make your Christmas shopping so much more affordable.
3. Think Outside Of Montreal
Happening all online, you don't need to worry much about travelling or restricting yourself to stores only found in Montreal. The beauty of Cyber Monday is that you can save a lot of dollars without ever having to leave your home. Better yet, many stores will be offering free shipping along with price-slashes, so ordering from out of province stores won't be a hindrance in the slightest.
4. Cyber Monday Deals To Watch Out For
There are going to be TONS of Cyber Monday sales, way too many for us to really track, so if you have a store in mind, it'd be best to head to their website and check out if they have any sales going on yourself. That being said, some of Canada's most major retailers will be offering special Cyber Monday deals, here are a few to watch out for:
- Future Shop: discounts on all types of products, more info
- Beyond The Rack: Begins Black Friday, different deals all weekend, more info
- Amazon.ca: Ongoing with daily deals, savings on various products, more info
- Forever 21: 21% regularly priced items, more info
- Toys "R" Us: 5% cash-back with PayPal purchase, begins Black Friday, more info
- The Source: Free shipping to your closest store, general savings on electronics, more info
- Sportcheck: Up to 60% off, online sale starts early, more info
- Sears: Free shipping (over $99), general savings on various products, more info
- Gap: Free shipping, 30% off regular styles, more info
- Walmart: Free shipping, discounts on majority of inventory, more info
- Mexx: 40% last season apparel, more info
- Shop.ca: Already ongoing, savings on online inventory, more info
- Hudson Bay: 5% cash-back with PayPal purchase, daily deals, ongoing, more info
- Best Buy: Free shipping (over $25) + a variety of discounts, starts on Black Friday, more info
- Loews Hotels & Resorts: 20% off room bookings at participating lodges, more info
5. Online Resources Are You Cyber Monday Best Friend
Now, like we said, there are more Cyber Monday deals than you can shake a stick at, so it's best to use the interwebs to your advantage and check out sites that have conveniently compiled Cyber Monday sales for you. Again, if you have a specific store in mind, your best bet is to head directly to their website but here are a few solid online resources for those of you who want to scope out the general scene:
Photo cred - Bernard Bujold
Are you looking for more? Click here for 5 Things You Really Need To Know About “Black Friday” In Montreal >
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte