Photo cred - RedBall Project
Mystery has surrounded the Red Ball Project's launch in Montreal, with artist Kurt Perschke refusing to let people in on where the giant crimson sphere would be set up around Montreal. For months the locales have been kept hush-hush, but now the balls out of the bag, as the official locations have been officially released.
Montrealers will first see the Red ball at Parc Jean-Drapeau, where the RedBall Project will launch on August 31st, right by the Biosphere for some double-ball action. Perschke has promised that the Montreal launch will be a bit different and more exciting than any before, so be sure to be there at the RedBall's inaugural appearance in Montreal.
All other RedBall spots have also been released. Below are the date, times, and locations where you'll see the 15 foot RedBall in the city.
- Parc Jean-Drapeau @ the Biosphere on August 31 from 10am to 5pm (map)
- Place des Arts on September 1 from 11:30am to 6:30pm (map)
- Quartier des Spectacles on September 2 from 11:30am to 6:30pm (map)
- Berson Monuments on September 3 from 11:30am to 6:30pm (map)
- Jean-Talon Railway Station on September 4 - from 11:30am to 6:30pm (map)
- Bank of Montreal on September 5 from 11:30am to 6:30pm (map)
- Parc La Fontaine on September 6 from 11:30am to 6:30pm (map)
Get ballin' in Montreal with the RedBall Project this month, and be sure to check out the official website for more info.
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte