If you've never had the pleasure (or money) of eating Montreal's most delicious dishes, prepared by the city's best chefs, then rejoice for Deep Dish MTL, a smartphone app to get the greatest Montreal culinary creations right in to your table.
Deep Dish MTL is all about showing you how to cook like the premiere chefs of Montreal. With step-by-step photo instructions, you'll be cooking famous Montreal specialties just like the pros do.
Six famous chefs have offered their culinary guidance to every Montrealer. To get a sense of the awesome foods they'll show you to cook, here are the featured chefs:
- Chuck Hughes, Montreal's famous Food Network chef who is world renowned and a local favourite. He even won Iron Chef America!
- Dylan Solomon, founder of Olive et Gourmando
- Chefs David McMillan and Frédéric Morin, co-owners of Joe Beef and Liverpool House
- Derek Dammann, of the Plateau restoMaison Publique, opened with Jamie Oliver
- Emma Cardarelli, former chef at Liverpool House and now owner/operator of the newly opened Nora Gray
Incredibly sexy dishes (like Lobster Pie) are only a download away for iPhone users, at the awesome price of totally free. You only get access to 5 recipes to start, but for the food-challenged among us, that's a very good starting point.
Download and get all the info at Deep Dish MTL's official website.
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte