It's been one week since Justin Trudeau was elected into office. After proving all of his critics wrong, winning the confidence of the nation, and dramatically sweeping a majority of seats in the House of Commons, our newest Prime Minister has certainly shown that Canadians were ready for change.
While Trudeau has yet to appoint his cabinet and officially take control of the country, it doesn't mean that the Prime Minister Designate hasn't been busy. One of Trudeau's biggest strengths coming into these elections was his affable personality and his solid grasp on effectively connecting with the people, so important if he ever hopes to lead us.
Based on his social media activity just in his first week, we have to say he's doing a pretty swell job.
Monday, October 19th 2015
Tuesday, October 20th 2015
- "A pleasure to thank Montrealers for their support today. I'll be proud to represent Papineau as Prime Minister."
- "Un plaisir ce matin de remercier les Montréalais. Je serai fier de représenter Papineau en tant que premier ministre."
Wednesday, October 21st
- "Back to work. I’ll be introducing my new Liberal cabinet November 4th."
- "De retour au travail. J’annoncerai la formation du nouveau cabinet libéral le 4 novembre."
Thursday, October 22nd 2015
- Our service members stand for the best of what it means to be Canadian. We will not forget their sacrifice.
- Nos militaires incarnent parfaitement ce que signifie être Canadien. Nous n’oublierons jamais leur sacrifice.
Friday, October 23rd 2015
- I had a productive call with President Obama this week– and I’m looking forward to deepening Canada's relationship with the United States.
- J’ai eu un appel productif avec le président Obama cette semaine. J’ai hâte d’approfondir les relations canado-américaines.
Saturday, October 24th 2015
- Welcome baby Matilda! Congratulations to Mary, big sis Eleanor and Liberal Party National Director @jsbroadhurst.
- Bienvenue à bébé Matilda! Félicitations à Mary, à grande sœur Eleanor et au directeur national du PLC @jsbroadhurst.
— Justin Trudeau (@JustinTrudeau) October 24, 2015
Sunday, October 25th 2015
- Photos from my first day back on the Hill earlier this week. There's lots more hard work to come in the days ahead. Thank you again for your support!
- Voici des photos de ma première journée de retour à la Colline plus tôt cette semaine. Nous aurons encore beaucoup de travail à faire dans les jours à venir. Merci encore de votre appui!
Monday, October 26th 2015
- Since election night, more than 350,000 of you have joined me on this page. Thanks for being part of this journey. We’re just getting started.
- Depuis la soirée électorale, vous êtes plus de 350 000 à vous être joint(e)s sur cette page. Merci de faire partie de cette aventure qui ne fait que commencer.