Montreal's Saint-Denis Street Is Throwing A Massive Free Outdoor Block Party This Weekend
Art and music emerge at OUMF.
Photo cred - SDC Quartier latin for OUMF
If you thought all of Montreal's outdoor events were over, my were you ever so wrong. Taking over St. Denis street in the Latin Quarter from September 4th to 6th will be the OUMF Emerging Art Festival, which will transform the street and its surrounding area into a gigantic block party filled to the brim with events, installations, and performances.
All forms of art will be represented at OUMF 2014, from marketing to music to cinema to literature and everything in between. From Sherbrooke to St. Catherine on St. Denis, along with passing side-streets (map), three stages will be set up (two for music, one for dance performances), art installations and pop-up kiosks will be set up, and the buildings themselves will be remade to fit the themes of the festival.
There's tons of stuff going on at OUMF 2014, and you can check it all out on the official schedule, but as a brief preview, here's what were most excited about:
- Free outdoor Ryan Playground DJ set (Friday @ 6pm)
- St. Denis sidewalk art creation (everyday from 5pm-9pm)
- Silent Disco (everyday at 11pm)
- Old school vs. new school themed dance competition (Friday from 4pm-9pm)
- Music performances nearly every single hour, every day of the festival
- Open air 5 À 7 with live DJ put on by CHOQ (Friday @ 5pm)
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte