Signs You Might Be Allergic To Wine
Sadly, it's a thing.
What's better than sitting by the fire with a nice glass of vino? Nothing. I don't mean to kill your vibe, but many people are actually allergic to wine without even realizing it. This specific type of allergy is mostly triggered by sulphates and histamines that are more dominantly attributed to red wine rather than white.
I know, this sad reality might hit you like a wrecking ball, but hey! You're better off knowing it than ignoring the symptoms and cluelessly continuing to torture your own body. So here are some signs that you might be allergic to wine. (On a side note, it's more common for women to be allergic to wine than for men.)
Coughing, wheezing and other respiratory problems can be caused by sulfites that are present in wine. People who suffer from asthma are more prone to breathing difficulties when consuming wine. If you have shortness of breath after
a glass a bottle of wine, you might have a drinking problem be allergic to wine.
If you experience headache after a fun night out filled with bad decisions and countless wine bottles, it's not a sign of hangover, it's a sign of allergy. More often than not, our bodies react to histamine contained in wine with allergic reactions such as, you guessed it, headache.
You know when you get rosy cheeks after drinking wine? It might actually mean that your body is trying to tell you that you're allergic to it. More severe cases of skin problems related to wine include but are not limited to hives, rashes and even eczema.
Cramps, diarrhea, vomiting and other stomach-related problems you encounter after consuming wine are a clear indication that your body is having trouble digesting it.
If your nose gets runny after a glass of wine, then you might also be allergic to wine.
You feel better when sticking to a different drink
If you canall night and not feel any of the above symptoms, then wine might be the problem. Try it as an experiment and see how your body reacts.