The Montreal Week-Ender: August 21st – August 24th
School is coming, Party first!
Photo Cred -
Montreal, another week end has arrived and this means, more parties for you to attend. We know some of you will be starting school next week and here is your chance to go HARD at partying one last time before getting to your books. There's all types of parties happening and trust us, you want to attend them all. Here's where you should go this week end;
Thursday, August 21st
- To celebrate their brand, Bacardi launched their “BACARDÍ Untameable Since 1862” campaign in Canada and to highlight it they are throwing a huge party. It's the Bacardi Festival Libre at New City Gas. There will be all types of cuban food and cuban related stuff.
- Another great party with an amazing lineup will be going on, check out Parc Cité presents: A-Rock, Shash'U and Ryan Playground at Apt.200. Parc Cité and En Masse got together for a collab in merchandise and they will be giving some away!
- MELT 024 at Blizzarts always knows how to get you dancing and funked up. In this week's edition, Grandbuda is part of the lineup. Get there early!
Friday, August 22nd
- Do you love anime? The Anime Festival Otakuthon 2014 at Palais Des Congrès de Montréal is starting and will be ongoing until Sunday! Cosplays and everything you can imagine when you think of Anime will be at the rendez-vous.
- For the lovers of live bands, you'll definitely want to check out Tear Away Tusa & The Blacksmiths at Bistro de Paris on St. Denis. These guys are in from Guelph, Ontario- let's dance to their music and show them what Montreal's all about. This event is also FREE, so if you haven't heard their stuff before, we definitely suggest going to check them out!
- If you are looking for something chill to do with a group of friends or family, go check out Montreal's reinvented hunted house Peur Dépôt in the Old Port.
Saturday, August 23rd
- Want to spend your evening at the circus? FAQ: Circus Collective will be performing at Theatre Telus. With a very interesting concept, this performance is a mix of circus, dance and theatre that you just don't want to miss out on.
- The Posh Life at Espace Des Arts is going to be a crazy night of fun! Some Posh merchandise will be given away, great music and good vibes only. There is a shuttle to the West Island if you live there. Don't miss this party!
- Do you like to play with fire? Go to the Fire Ball Whiskey happening at Nacho Libre. We already know this will be insane, because Nacho Libre does that to people.
- If you prefer foam to fire there is an All White Foam Party at L'Olympia that will be off the hook. A huge foam machine will be in the very middle of the dance floor. Ladies, take out your bikinis and break a leg. Not litterally!
- If all that is not for you, how about locking yourself in a cage drinking champagne? The Champagne In A Cage party at GALT is going to have you shaking it as you pop bottles and dance to Dj Slava Bilan's house music.
- There is a Brazilian themed party for Tupi Collective's Two Years Anniversary Party at Le Bleury Bar a Vinyl. Come dance to some samba, afropunk, hip hop and more.
- Boat party!!! Jagermeister is throwing a boat party to highlight Darkroom's 1 Year Anniversary With D-Unity & Friends on a Boat and you should be there! Go dance the night out under the stars!
- The Celestics, Pomo + Jeremy Karl, Lloyd & Oclaz at Cabaret Underworld will definitely get that place bumping. It is guaranteed you will have an amazing time enjoying all the great talent in this lineup.
Sunday, August 24th
- With all the festivals that have been going on we really missed Piknik Electronik at Parc Jean-Drapeau. This might be the last piknik for some as some of you unlucky people will be starting school the very next day. View event>
- Go show some support to the Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre GOAL at their Benefit Concert With We Are Wolves, Caféïne & Eagle Tears at Theatre Corona. Great way to support a good cause while enjoying an awesome show!
- Tokyo Bar Sunday is the Sunday night spot! The terrace is perfect to take a break of the dance floor that is always hot as the Goontribe plays the best hip hop/R&B jams. View event>
Montreal, where will you party at?
Didn't mention your event? Let Marialys know via Twitter @MarialysDiaz