Pokémon GO is creating a whole bunch of new problems users didn't have to think about before.
Don't get me wrong, people have always been complaining about how crappy smart phone batteries are. But plugs (lol, "butt plugs") are everywhere and portable power sources don't cost a lot of money, so that's not really a big issue.
The real problem is the data consumption, and although Pokémon GO doesn't drain your data as much as a normal GPS (because it doesn't redraw the map as often), it still adds up really fast.
People in the US are a little luckier, T-Mobile has promised to not charge people for their Pokémon GO data usage for at least one year. And while we may not have that luxury here, there are still areas where you can play without draining your data.
- 12 Hidden Montreal Spots You Can Bring A Date To Catch Rare Pokémon
- 7 Montreal STM Bus Lines Where You Can Catch The Most Rare Pokémon
- Pokémon GO Is Uniting Montrealers Like Nothing Else Ever Has. Yes, EVER!
- Video Showing How INSANE Pokémon GO Is In Montreal Right Now
- I Patiently Waited To Download The Official Pokémon GO App In Canada And Now I Regret It
You just need to stick to Montreal's FREE WI-FI Zone.
Yup, Montreal has a FREE WI-FI zone and it's gradually expanding. According to the Ville de Montreal's website this is the official map where you can play your heart out without putting a dent in your data plan.