This is the Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours Chapel. It' is one of the oldest churches in Old Montreal and it just happens to be decorated in the most unusual ways.
The chapel was built in 1655 and it was completed in 1678. It was then the first stone church built on the island of Montreal and it is the only church that still exists from that time in Old Montreal.
The chapel is often called the Sailors’ Church because it was popular pilgrimage site for sailors arriving in the Old Port in the 19th century. These sailors would often donate model ships as offering to the Virgin Mary to guarantee a safe voyage.
Some of these ships till decorate the ceiling of the church today.