This Is The Reese "Yule Holiday Log"
You need at least one of these in your life for Christmas.
Okay, guys, if you know me at all, then you know I'm totally obsessed with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
VIEW VIDEO: Reese "Yule Holiday Log"
They're pretty much my all-time favourite chocolates, and so I'm always on the lookout for awesome things to make with them.
Like the Reese "Yule Holiday Log", for example.
Created by Montreal's Alexandra Charlotte of Alexandra Charlotte Cupcakes, this is a delicious combination of the world's greatest chocolate treat, and the world's greatest holiday treat.
We actually made this mind-blowing yule log with the help of our host, Alex Melki, over the weekend... and honestly, it was just as amazing as it looks.
If you want to recreate this log of pure happiness, then here's the recipe, according to Alexandra herself :
- Chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 Cup melted butter (or vegetable oil)
- 2/3 Cup water
- 2 Eggs
1. Stir ingredients until combined
2. Evenly pour chocolate cake mix onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
3. Bake at 350 F for 20-22 minutes.
4. Place on countertop to let it cool down to room temperature; about 15 minutes.
5. Glide the back of a sharp knife along the edges of the tray, to make sure the cake comes out easier.
6. Once it's totally cooled down, place a clean kitchen towel onto the tray and gently flip the tray onto a clean, flat surface.
7. Carefully peel off the parchment paper.
Peanut Butter Buttercream:
- 2 Buttercream mix packages
- 1 Cup of room temperature butter
- 2 Cups of icing sugar
- 1/3 Cup of milk
- 1 Box Reese's Pieces
1. Combine all ingredients; mix on low speed for 3 seconds, then high speed for 5-10 minutes or until buttercream is combined fully, light and fluffy.
2. Pour 1 1/2 cups of buttercream onto the chocolate cake by covering entire surface with a spatula.
3. Sprinkle one cup of Reese's Pieces over the entire chocolate cake.
4. Starting at the narrow end, gently start rolling up the chocolate cake towards the other end to create a yule log shape.
- Reese's Big Cup Stuffed With Pieces
- Reese's Snack Mix
- Hershey's white chocolate chips
- Hershey's milk chocolate chips
1. Cover the entire surface of the yule log with the remaining buttercream using a spatula.
2. Place the Reese's Big Cup Stuffed With Pieces over the curved part of the log, using the wider part of the Reese's on the bottom.
3. Cover both ends of the yule log with 1/2 sup each of Reese's Snack Mix; sprinkle more on top of the log.
4. Melt 1/2 cup of Hershey's chocolate chips and 1/2 of Hershey's white chocolate chips separately in the microwave for about a minute.
5. Using a tablespoon, drizzle both melted chocolates on top of the yule log.
The last step - and my favourite: