Photo cred – Philippe Du Berger
Everyone likes to win the prize when they enter a contest. However, what if the prize was a visit to the underside of Montreal’s busiest bridge, which is to be demolished after 2020 because it’s crumbling! Would you still enter the contest?
- The Jacques Cartier and Champlain Bridges Inc. will give three winners the opportunity to discover the world of the people who work in the bridge’s shadows.
- Winners will go over the Champlain Bridge ice bridge, then take a boat for a short trip along the St. Lawrence to the foot of the Champlain and climb stairs to work platforms suspended in the air.
- The winners will get a rare glimpse of the 85 per cent of the construction work carried out by close to 100 men and women every day that goes on beneath the bridge.
- A similar contest held last year to visit the surface of the bridge drew 200 applicants.
- This year’s contest is open until May 20, and the visit is slated for June 3, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To enter the contest, go to jccbi.ca/contest-visit-the-champlain-bridge-worksite and sign up online.