We saw this preview for Ryan Labrosse`s 'Montreal Typography Map' in our news feed yesterday published by Station 16 and we could not help but just stare at it for several minutes. The concept is so simple yet so intriguing we honestly think its one the most unique pieces of art we have seen in a long time. Each 20x26 inch poster has been hand silk-screened in the Station 16 shop, and is signed by Ryan. The print will retail for 60$, and is an open edition series. You can get it online today at noon HERE, or at the Gallery in Montreal (3523 St-Laurent).
For those Montrealer's who just love bringing new people to Montreal but don't know how to show them everything within a short period of time, don't worry because I got you! If you take them to these 10 streets then you will get 50 things out of the way in just a few days !
Montreal has SO many activities do to that it's crazy to try and get them all done when they are spread out over the whole island. Instead, I suggest taking them down these specific streets so that they can get a taste of Montreal without running around all day!
Montreal this week you shine bright like a diamond! It's Montreal En Lumière and this Saturday will be Nuit Blanche so be ready to pull an all nighter, the good kind. It just means that you get to party all night, litterally! The winter has it's fun side too, people! There's so many things you can do and we put up a list just for you. Here it is Montreal;
Thursday, February 26th
The third edition of La Cuvée d'Hiver will be back at Église St-Enfant-Jésus. Some delicious food, live music and microbrewery beers. Go warm yourself up! View event>
#LeCypher a tribute to Nujabes at Le Bleury is a tribute to excellent producer who left us to soon. Live music, food and good vibes overall, you don't want to miss out on this. View event>
One of our favorite events is MELT at Blizzarts. This week J.U.D. will be joining the lineup. View event>
Vodka lovers, I Love Moscow at Brutus is where you need to go, it's self explanatory. View event>
Fool's Gold's very own Shash'U is resident at Grenade for Jeudis #TBT. Drop by and chill! View event>
Louisahhh!!! with Jay London at Apt.200 will be playing the best in house music. View event>
Friday, February 27th
Random Recipe who will be back from their european tour will be getting on the RBC Scene for MTL en Lumière. This certainly one to check out this week end. View event>
Rowdy rowdy Get Nice at Blizzarts for the ones of you who love to get out the club sweating. It's a good workout! View event>
The RBMA is based in Montreal and is in full force. You don't want to miss RBMA Bass Camp Presents: DJ Quick & Mannie Fresh & Shash'U at Le Belmont! Like really, be there! View event>
Did you know there was a rap battle league in Montreal? DMS Battle Ring at Club Mixte Lounge is a rap battle you want to be to see what they're all about! View event>
Saturday, February 28th
MUTEK with the RBMA Bass Camp at Espace Réunion will pull an all nighter for Nuit Blanche. View event>
Another must see show is La Nuit Tribe at PHI Centre with A Tribe Called Red. The tribal group will have you dancing until you fall asleep! View event>
Art lovers, Station 16 has a special night for you. They'll be offering guided tours of all the Murals of the main. While you wait for your scheduled tour, you can party at the Station 16 art gallery. How lovely is that? View event>
If already know everything about the murals but you love art, check out the Art Attack for Nuit Blanche at Fresh Paint Gallery. View event>
Beat The Clock Saturdays at Muzique is the party to go to when you're tryna dress to impress and pop bottles! View event>
Vinyl addicts, MIMS brings back the 24 Hours of Vinyl to Le Bleury. Can you handle it? View event>
New York City better get ready for an injection of Montreal street art culture, colour, and style, as one of the city's most acclaimed street artists is taking over the Big Apple this weekend. Stikki Peaches, Montreal's acclaimed urban artist, with the help of Station 16, will be launching a surprise pop up exhibition in New York and will show the cosmopolitan metropolis just how amazing Montreal's art scene truly is.
You've probably seen Stikki Peaches' work all throughout the city, even if you didn't know it was his stuff. Stikki's style, a vibrant cultural mash-up of pop culture and political and historical figures/symbols is hard to miss. No doubt New Yorkers will be taken aback by Stikki Peaches's gritty yet oddly charming works at Station 16's pop up exhibition.
The temporary art gallery is to be set up in SoHo for five days, from September 25th to 29th. Only the new and original work of Stikki Peaches will be on display, the very first solo and international exhibition for the artist and Station 16. A major milestone for the artist and art gallery, but also one for Montreal itself, as the city's artistic influence is beginning to spread well beyond the island.
Any Montrealer in New York for the weekend can't miss this opportunity to see a Montreal street artist praised in another city, and anyone in New York owes it to their inner artistic critic to see Stikki Peaches stuff, as its undoubtedly a far cry from whatever else NYC artist are making. For a little taste of what's in store, check out some exclusive images of the NYC Stikki Peaches exhibition by Station 16 below.
Montreal, another week end has arrived and this means, more parties for you to attend. We know some of you will be starting school next week and here is your chance to go HARD at partying one last time before getting to your books. There's all types of parties happening and trust us, you want to attend them all. Here's where you should go this week end;
Thursday, August 21st
- To celebrate their brand, Bacardi launched their “BACARDÍ Untameable Since 1862” campaign in Canada and to highlight it they are throwing a huge party. It's the Bacardi Festival Libre at New City Gas. There will be all types of cuban food and cuban related stuff. View event>
- Another great party with an amazing lineup will be going on, check out Parc Cité presents: A-Rock, Shash'U and Ryan Playground at Apt.200. Parc Cité and En Masse got together for a collab in merchandise and they will be giving some away! View event>
- MELT 024 at Blizzarts always knows how to get you dancing and funked up. In this week's edition, Grandbuda is part of the lineup. Get there early! View event>
Friday, August 22nd
- Do you love anime? The Anime Festival Otakuthon 2014 at Palais Des Congrès de Montréal is starting and will be ongoing until Sunday! Cosplays and everything you can imagine when you think of Anime will be at the rendez-vous. View event>
- For the lovers of live bands, you'll definitely want to check out Tear Away Tusa & The Blacksmiths at Bistro de Paris on St. Denis. These guys are in from Guelph, Ontario- let's dance to their music and show them what Montreal's all about. This event is also FREE, so if you haven't heard their stuff before, we definitely suggest going to check them out! View event>
- If you are looking for something chill to do with a group of friends or family, go check out Montreal's reinvented hunted house Peur Dépôt in the Old Port.View event>
Saturday, August 23rd
- Want to spend your evening at the circus? FAQ: Circus Collective will be performing at Theatre Telus. With a very interesting concept, this performance is a mix of circus, dance and theatre that you just don't want to miss out on. View event>
- The Posh Life at Espace Des Arts is going to be a crazy night of fun! Some Posh merchandise will be given away, great music and good vibes only. There is a shuttle to the West Island if you live there. Don't miss this party! View event>
- Do you like to play with fire? Go to the Fire Ball Whiskey happening at Nacho Libre. We already know this will be insane, because Nacho Libre does that to people. View event>
- If you prefer foam to fire there is an All White Foam Party at L'Olympia that will be off the hook. A huge foam machine will be in the very middle of the dance floor. Ladies, take out your bikinis and break a leg. Not litterally! View event>
- If all that is not for you, how about locking yourself in a cage drinking champagne? The Champagne In A Cage party at GALT is going to have you shaking it as you pop bottles and dance to Dj Slava Bilan's house music. View event>
- There is a Brazilian themed party for Tupi Collective's Two Years Anniversary Party at Le Bleury Bar a Vinyl. Come dance to some samba, afropunk, hip hop and more. View event>
- Boat party!!! Jagermeister is throwing a boat party to highlight Darkroom's 1 Year Anniversary With D-Unity & Friends on a Boat and you should be there! Go dance the night out under the stars! View event>
- The Celestics, Pomo + Jeremy Karl, Lloyd & Oclaz at Cabaret Underworld will definitely get that place bumping. It is guaranteed you will have an amazing time enjoying all the great talent in this lineup. View event>
Sunday, August 24th
- With all the festivals that have been going on we really missed Piknik Electronik at Parc Jean-Drapeau. This might be the last piknik for some as some of you unlucky people will be starting school the very next day. View event>
- Go show some support to the Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre GOAL at their Benefit Concert With We Are Wolves, Caféïne & Eagle Tears at Theatre Corona. Great way to support a good cause while enjoying an awesome show!
- Tokyo Bar Sunday is the Sunday night spot! The terrace is perfect to take a break of the dance floor that is always hot as the Goontribe plays the best hip hop/R&B jams. View event>
Montreal, where will you party at?
Didn't mention your event? Let Marialys know via Twitter @MarialysDiaz