IKEA Montreal Is Open Again Just In Time For Moving Day But It's Made Some Changes
With July 1, Quebec's famous moving day, just around the corner, many of us are trying to figure out where we're going to get furniture for our new apartments. Well, no need to fear because IKEA Montreal is officially open again. But it's not going to look exactly the same as the last time you walked through its doors.
During the past few weeks, IKEA has been offering only curbside pickup in Quebec. But now, the doors of the Montreal location are open once again.
As a protective measure, the IKEA Restaurant will remain closed for the time being. But, you'll still be able to grab a snack after shopping, as the IKEA Bistro is staying open for takeout only.
When visiting IKEA Montreal, it's now suggested that you:
- Shop in a maximum group of two people.
- Go to stores at non-peak hours.
- Try not to touch any objects that you don't plan on buying.
- Check out the website beforehand, so you know what you're going to buy when you get there.
- Wait until a further date to bring back any unwanted items since IKEA offers a 365-day exchange policy.
The store is also implementing new preventative measures to protect both its employees and customers.
[rebelmouse-image 26885103 photo_credit="Ricochet69 | Dreamstime" expand=1 original_size="1200x630"] Ricochet69 | Dreamstime
These new measures include:
- Enforcing social distancing guidelines, by using things such as floor decals where queues will be, to ensure customers remain at least 2 metres apart from one another.
- Installing screens to separate cash registers and customer service points.
- Having hand sanitizer available throughout the store.
- Restricting the number of visitors that enter the store as well as in selected areas within the store.
- Cleaning carts after every use and more frequent cleaning of the entire store.
- Providing employees with personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Requiring a temperature check for "co-workers and third-party vendors" upon entering the building.
In Quebec, IKEA Québec and IKEA Boucherville are now open as well.
IKEA Canada's CEO and Chief Sustainability Officer, Michael Ward, has assured the public that "our top priority continues to be the health and safety of our co-workers, customers and communities."
Stay safe, Montreal!