Montreal's NDG To Host The City's Final Summer Block Party This Weekend On Monkland Street
Photo cred- PhotoVoltaic
The joys of outdoor street festivals may be gone from downtown Montreal, but not in NDG's Monkland Village. Gearing up for a 200, 000 person outdoor party all about food and music, Monkland Village will be hostingThe Flavours Of The Monkland Village this weekend, perhaps your last chance to enjoy a summer street festival.
Running from August 21st to 24th, the gigantic block party will span 7 entire blocks on Monkland avenue (map) and will include extended terraces, live musical performances from major local bands, luxury cars lining the street, tons of food to eat, and special events that will please adults and kids alike.
There's a lot going down during the Flavours of the Monkland Village Festival, put on by Monkland Village Productions. Here's what we're most jazzed for:
- A TD music stage featuring live music from over 10 different bands, including Motel Raphael (4pm-11pm everyday)
- Featured restaurants and 12 food trucks doling out delicious eats
- A Desjardin Mixology Box (for non- alcoholic cocktails) and on-street Beer Tents
- All-day DJ booth and dance floor where you can dance your face off
- Kids area with inflatable castles and face painting (no judgement if you partake in both)
- The Mondou Dog Fashion Show, with celebrity judges like Mutsumi Takahashi (sure to be adorable)
All in all, expect four days full of sun, fun, food, drinks, music, and dancing, most of which will be entirely free. Get all the info and any updates at the FB event page. If you were lucky enough to be at the Monkland Grand Prix Festival, then you know this is a must go-to weekend festival!
Will we see you on Monkland?
Photo cred- Alex Robichaud