Montreal's Mont-Royal Avenue Is Hosting A End Of Summer "Nuit Blanche" Is This Weekend
Photo cred - L'Avenue du Mont-Royal
One final street festival is going to end the summer in Montreal with an epic and artistic bang. Nuit Blanche sur Tableau Noir, moved from June to August, will be transforming Mont-Royal avenue into a combo sidewalk sale, art festival, and nightlife hub for 4 days from Thursday, August 28th 'til Sunday the 31st.
Art and cinema are largely at the forefront of NBTN, with tons of different workshops, art installations and live performances for you to check out. On a less artsy note, food trucks will be out on the street and a special terrasse will be set up, so plenty of food and drinking will be going on too.
NBTN will be held on Mont-Royal avenue, from St. Laurent all the way to D'Iberville (map). There is a lot to see and check out during the 4 day festival, but we've listed a bunch below you'll probably want to check out. Be sure to check out the full program too. Events below without a date mean that they'll be happening all throughout NBTN.
- La Grande Fresque de Nuit - Forty artists will create asphalt murals on the street, all recreations of famous movie posters (Aug. 29th, map)
- Scène musicale - Mont Royal metro will become a concert venue for 4 days, featuring indie French musicians
- Atelier Scratchatopia - Learn the basics of stop-motion animation in this free workshop (map)
- Le film de nos vies - Experience 50 years of Quebecois culture as you watch vintage films from the 1920s to 1970s (map)
- Arrêt sur image : tableaux vivants - Watch famous movie scenes come to still-life as actors create dynamic tableaux (Aug. 30th, map)
- Sidewalk Sale - Mont-Royal becomes a giant shopping center full of various wares, with vendors open 'til 11pm (entire street)
- Marché des Arts - All kinds of illustrations and artworks will be on sale from fifteen different artists (Aug. 29th and onward, map)
Just because summer is ending doesn't mean there's nothing to do. Head to Mont-Royal avenue on August 28th for Nuit Blanche sur Tableau Noir, the best way to cap off the summer.