In Montreal, there are so many things to do and sights to see.
Almost too many, to be quite honest.
Though, sometimes you may be looking at your bank account and feeling like you can't quite afford to get out and enjoy yourself at any of Montreal's many, many events.
Personally, I'm saving up my funds to get going on a vacation.
So, today I stopped and thought about some of the cool things we've talked about in Montreal that are cheap to do or even free!
Here are 10 awesome things to do in Montreal for $10 or less:
1. Catch a movie on at Cineplex or the Dollar Cinema
- Half price movie tickets on Tuesdays at all Cineplex theatres.
- Dollar cinema movie tickets for $2.50. $1 drinks and popcorn.
2. Explore Montreal's record shops on Record Store Day
- FREE! Record Store Day is on April 21st. Here's a map of Montreal's shops. There will be in-store events, shows and tons of vinyl. Support local businesses.
- You can also check out this free Vinyl convention in Montreal this month.
3. Catch a Drag show at Cabaret Mado's or Bar Cocktail
- $5-$10 cover at Mado's on weekends.
- No cover at Bar Cocktail
Montreal has some of the most AMAZING drag talents in the country. Cover at Mado's is cheap, and the show is an incredible deal!
4. Grab a BIXI bike for a day
- Explore the city by bike.
- Go up top Mount Royal and take in the blossoming spring trees.
- Check out Montreal's many murals, art installations, and graffiti for your next Instagram story.
5. Embrace your inner rap star at Hip-Hop Karaoke
We all have those select rap songs that are just embedded in our brains. Don't lie, you know all the words. You like to ham it up and sing along.
Karaoke is a great time... only made better when it focuses on rap. You're in for a great time, with lots of laughs and a ton of classic tunes. What's not to love here?
6. Check out Montreal's free museums
- The Redpath Museum is now officially open on Saturdays!
- MAC is free every Wednesday night.
7. Dance the night away at Complexe Sky
- $2.50-$3.25 Shooter and drink specials.
- No cover.
- Different genres over 4 rooms with a little something for everyone to dance to and a killer rooftop patio that usually opens up in April.
8. Grab a bite to eat at Ramen Happy Hour
- $9 Ramen meals at Kinka Izakaya.
We just talked about this new Ramen Happy Hour that launched in Montreal... and to say it is awesome would be an understatement. Good meals under $10 is a win for everybody.
9. Catch up with friends at a Montreal Cafe
- Cafe week begins in Montreal this April 15, with over 50 local coffee shops offering $1-$2 coffees.
10. Go catch a comedy show with Comedyworks and McLean's Pub
Montreal's Comedyworks bar fell victim to the Bishop street fire that took out a handful of bars in the downtown core... but that is not stopping them from laughing it off.
Comedyworks has set up shop at McLean's Pub and is still bringing you all the laughs multiple times a week. When you need a pick-up or a good chuckle, this place has got you covered!
So, there you have it. 10 awesome things to do for $10 or less in Montreal.
I am sure I missed something amazing, so if you have something to add to this list let me know!