The trailer was shown during last night's Super Bowl and information about the new season has been trickling in all day, so without further ado, here are 10 things you need to know about Stranger Things Season 2.
1. The release date is set for Halloween 2017.
2. Season 2 will have 9 episodes.
3. The 9 episode titles will be:
The Boy Who Came Back to Life
The Pumpkin Patch
The Secret Cabin
and The Lost Brother
4. The original cast will all be reprising their roles including Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin, Winona Ryder, David Harbour, Charlie Heaton, and Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven.
5. We know the new season will involve Ghostbusters costumes, lots of Eggo Waffles, gigantic monsters, and new mysterious character named Max.
6. Season 2 is set in 1984, roughly a year after the first series.
7. Creator Matt Duffer said this season will be a little darker and weirder.
8. This season will showcase characters coming to terms with the events of the first series.
9. There are several new characters, but the story-line will focus primarily on the original group.
10. The 30 second Super Bowl ad for Season 2 cost over $5 million!