Well, friends - we made it! Tomorrow is the first day of June and the weather in Montreal finally feels like it is matching the date.
We are officially in the home stretch for summer festival season, and yes - that means the Osheaga hype is getting higher and higher by the day!
With only 2 months before what is now ranked in the top 10 music festivals in North America (yup, we did that), it's time to start planning and preparing yourselves for the massive 3-day event.
Every year Osheaga welcomes thousands upon thousands of spectators to Parc Jean-Drapeau, and this year's line-up will continue to draw out massive numbers.
If you've ever been to Osheaga, or any festival for that matter, you likely know that sometimes getting in through security is a game of patience.
People get packed into a walkway zone/line that moves slowly or gets held up by others being searched at the security gates - but this could be helped with a little pre-planning and knowledge.
Osheaga has a list of banned items from the festival site, and I've got all them for you right here! So plan ahead, leave some things behind and don't have them taken from you at the security gates!
Some of these items are an obvious no-brainer, while others may surprise you. None the less, here are the things you leave at home.
Here is a list of all items banned at Osheaga 2018
- Outside alcoholic beverages and illegal drugs/drug paraphernalia
- Glass bottles and/or cans
- Hard-sided coolers
- Musical Instruments (there's music on the stages, duh!)
- Flags and banners
- Beachballs, soccer balls, frisbees, etc.
- Large sports umbrellas
- Folding chairs
- Animals (guide dogs are permitted)
- Camping style and/or large backpacks
- Laser Pointers
- Water guns
- Professional recording equipment - video and audio
- Firearms, knives, or weapons of any kind
- Any object that could be used to cause bodily harm
- Selfie sticks and other monopods
- Native American headdresses or feather headdresses
Now, while this list may look a little staggering, most of these items are an obvious choice not to bring, right?
I mean, sure, its possible that a water gun fight at Osheaga would be super fun, but there are dancing fountains for that, too!
Osheaga delivers the goods every year. They have fun activities on the festival grounds including rides and inflatable games that will deliver all the summer fun - there's no need for water guns, or beach balls or any recreational equipment.
Plus, if you really wanna get dosed in water just make your way to the front of the stage! It's not uncommon to get blasted with the water hose when partying in a crowd under the hot sun. Osheaga's crew has got you.
The list of items that ARE permitted at Osheaga this year is much shorter.
Items allowed on-site at Osheaga 2018:
- One plastic water bottle (water fountains throughout the site)
- Beach towels and blankets
- Waterproof ponchos
- Small umbrellas
- Smaller backpacks, bags and/or purses (they will be searched)
- Sunscreen (no flammable aerosol cans)
- Disposable and digital cameras (no detachable lenses or lenses over 2.5")
- Baby strollers
See! It's simple, right?
No need to get your stuff confiscated or waste any of your time - or of those in line behind you. Ditch this stuff and you'll be good to go enjoy a magical weekend of good vibes, music, and summertime in Montreal!
Let's keep it clean out there and remind all those who come into our fabulous city exactly why Montreal has the best festival in the country!