To stop any further spread of the coronavirus, Quebec Premier François Legault appealed to young influencers, artists, leaders, and athletes from the province, asking them to share information about COVID-19 prevention measures. In a press conference on Tuesday, Legault said that "in South Korea and Italy, young people have been important agents in the spread of the virus. It is not the time to have parties, it is not the time to gather, it is the time to distance ourselves."

To help spread the message, the CAQ will launch an ad campaign titled "Spread Info, Not The Virus." 

The government hopes that influencers and Québécois artists will bring more awareness to young people who might be less inclined to follow the health ministry's recommendations. 

At the moment, the CAQ will not ask police officers to enforce the current limits on public gatherings. 

The health minister has installed a public gathering limit of 250 people or less. That announcement last week created a ripple effect across the province, prompting the closure of municipal buildings, bars, cinemas, restaurants, and so much more

The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Quebec has jumped to 74.

"The most crucial thing is to increase the number of daily tests in Quebec," said Legault. 

"In the short term, we will go from a few hundred to a few thousand tests per day. We'll be capable to proceed with this, we have the equipment, we're hiring the people, and we have the laboratories to conduct the tests," he assured. 

At the press conference, the CAQ highlighted the importance of social distancing and self-isolation as two of the best ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 


READ ALSO: Montrealer Antoni Porowski Is Sharing 'Quarantine Cooking Lessons' On Instagram (Video)

Shortly after the announcement, some Quebec celebrities took to social media to spread the message about the dangers of coronavirus. 

Quebec singer-songwriter and La Voix coach Coeur de Pirate put out a catchy tune about respecting the government's health and safety recommendations. 

Montreal Canadiens player Philip Danault also shared a message underlining the importance of social distancing.

Legault says that the health ministry received some 10,000 job applications from citizens to help combat COVID-19. Close to 2,000 of them will be assigned a function in the coming days. 

Quebec health officials released guidelines for individuals to follow to help stop the spread of COVID-19 in the province, you can read about them here.

More information on hygiene practices during the pandemic is available on the government of Canada's website here.

Account Settings
Notifications
Favourites
Log Out