With only a few weeks left before the holidays begin, your family comes to visit and presents are unwrapped next to the Christmas tree, you're definitely going to want to finish up your shopping for the season as soon as possible.
TL;DR With the holidays on a few weeks away and Canada Post promising delays that could stretch into 2019, retailers have released their official deadlines for online shopping so that parcels can arrive on time. Below is a list of the stores in Canada that have already released their deadline.
Even more urgent is online shopping during the holidays. With the Canada Post strike just recently ending and tensions continuously growing, it's already been confirmed that there will be a backlog that could delay parcel deliveries into 2019.
Luckily, most retailers are making alternate arrangements to get your packages to you on time, but you'll definitely still need to order them before the official deadline most online stores have announced.
Luckily, you can now find all of that information right here. You're welcome.
Some retailers offer later delivery options (As late as December 21st) but just to be on the safe side, the date you should be aiming for is December 10th.
Here's the official 2018 holiday shipping deadlines for Canada's most popular retail stores:
- Abercrombie & Fitch - December 12 at 11:59 AM EST (in-store pickup)/ December 13 at 11:59 AM EST (standard)/ December 18 at 11:59 AM EST (express)
- Addition Elle - December 17 at 11:59 PM EST
- Aldo - December 17
- Amazon - Date varies by store location and shipping method. Amazon will inform you if the item will arrive in time.
- Aritzia - December 14 (NS, NL, NB, PEI, NV, NT, YT)/ December 19 (BC, AB, SK, MB, ON, QC)
- Buffalo Jeans - Deadlines start December 14, but cut-offs vary by location and shipping method. See site for details.
- Call It Spring - December 17
- eBay - Date varies by store location and shipping method. You can check shipping estimates on item pages.
- H&M - December 12 (NL, NT, NU, YT)/ December 15 (AB, BC, MB, NB, NS, PEI, SK), December 16 (QC), December 17 (ON)
- Hollister - December 13 at 11:59 AM EST (standard)/ December 18 at 11:59 AM EST (express)
- Kitchen Stuff Plus - Deadlines start December 12, but cut-offs vary by location and shipping method. See site for details.
- M.A.C - December 11 at 11:59 PM EST (standard)/December 19 at 2:00 PM EST (express)/November 30 at 12:00 AM EST (remote)
- Newegg - Deadlines start December 13, but cut-offs vary by location and shipping method. See site for details.
- Nike - December 10 at 5:59 PM EST (regular items)/ November 25 at 5:59 PM EST (NIKEiD items)
- Penningtons - December 17 at 11:59 PM EST
- Reitmans - December 17 at 11:59 PM EST
- RW & Co. - December 17
- Sorel - December 11 at 11:59 PM EST (standard for remote areas)/ December 18 at 11:59 PM EST (standard & express for ON & QC)/ December 16 at 11:59 PM EST (standard & express all areas except ON & QC)
- Staples - December 21 at 5:00 PM (1-Day Shipping). Expected shipping times are listed on each product page.
- Suzy Shier - December 14 at 11:59 PM EST
- Walmart - Varies by province and shipping method. See site for details.
If you can't find exactly what you're looking for here, each website will provide approximate shipping dates on each individual item. Although it is important to note that volume, location, weather, and many other factors could contribute unprecedented delays.
Stay tuned for updates on holiday shipping deadlines from other retailers have been released.