In case you missed the news, summertime in Montreal has unofficially arrived.
It may not technically arrive until later in June, but I think it's safe to say the most of us Montrealers feel summer is here once we can ditch our jackets while drinking on a terrasse somewhere. Anywhere, really.
Montreal's Old Port got the message, too! This weekend the Old Port wants to celebrate the launch of summer, with a ton of fun activities for everyone!
READ ALSO: Montreal's Clock Tower Beach Opens This Weekend
Summertime in Montreal is exciting for many reasons, and one of them has got to be all the attractions at the Old Port. I've been patiently waiting for the right time to go ride the Observation Wheel, and it's finally here!
On Saturday, just about all of the attractions you can experience in the Old Port will only cost you $10. In some cases, that could be savings of $30-$40!
If you're like me, and you kinda steer clear of these experiences to avoid heavy saturation of tourists or just wanna save some of your coins - then this Saturday is your day!
From 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. the launch of summer event at the Old Port will offer up to visitors a "colourful collection" of their activities including Old Port classics like Voiles en Voiles, the MTL Zipline and new comers like the giant Ferris Wheel.
Also, did you know you can go race remote-controlled sailboats? Yeah, you totally can.
Here are all the $10 deals at The Old Port this weekend:
- Montreal Science Centre - access to DreamWorks Animation: the exhibition and our four permanent exhibitions.
- MTL Zipline - A 1200 feet zip line ride over the Old Port. Tickets are valid until 5PM, purchase onsite.
- Decalade - A breathtaking and historic tour to the top of the Conveyor Tower.
- SOS Labyrinthe - A single entry for a unique treasure hunt in a 2 km maze. Tickets are valid until 4PM.
- Bota Bota -15-minute chair massage and 15-minute foot bath.
- Segway Guided tour - A Segway or Hoverboard ride through an obstacle course.
- Quadricycle - A 30-minute 3-seater quadricycle rental.
- Pedal boat - A 30-minute pedal boat rental.
- Voiles en voiles - Two of the following activities: Aerial Courses, all Aboard Course and Climbing
- Le Repère - An hour access to the inflatable games and carousel.
- Remoted-controlled sailboats - A 15-minute remote controlled boat session in the Natrel basin.
- The Montreal Observation Wheel - one ticket for the Observation Wheel. Tickets purchased on site are valid until 2:30PM.
- Aventures Wet Set MTL - A 1-hour boat excursion to discover Montreal and the St-Lawrence River.
- Jet Boating on the Rapids - A wild thrilling boat ride on the St-Lawrence River.
- Bateau-Mouche - A 45-minute cruise on the St-Lawrence River.
- Le Petit Navire - A 45-minute tour in an electric-power boat.
If you'd like to scoop up some more discounts and deals, many of the Old Port Summer Boutiques will also be open and have random deals and discounts for a little shopping.
Here is a list of $10 specials at Old Port restaurants:
You're not going to come across these activities at the sweet price of $10 again, probably at all this year.
So take advantage of the day and go have a "totally Montreal" experience at the Old Port on Saturday!
When? May 26th 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m
Where? The Old Port of Montreal
How Much? Free to go, $10 activities all day
Find more information right here, and check out the official Facebook page right here.