Summer means no-car zones and huge sidewalk sales, open for nearly the entire summer season.
Only pedestrians will be welcome in these sanctioned areas, and tons of shops and restaurants will be posted up on the sidewalk, selling their fashionable/delicious/all-together appealing wares.
So you know where to walk 'n shop, here are Montreal's all-summer-long pedestrian malls:
- Location: St. Catherine W (from Bleury to St. Laurent) + Jeanne-Mance (from St. Catherine to de Maisonneuve)
- Opens/Closes: Both will be open on May 8th-Sept 1st.
- Location: Sherbrooke W 'to Ontario Place (halfway until Doctor Penfield)
- Opens/Closes: May 15th-Oct. 27th
- Location: St Catherine E (St. Hubert 'til Papineau)
- Opens/Closes: May 15th-Sept. 1.
- Expect many pink balls.
- Location: Sherbrooke to President-Kennedy
- Opens/Closes: May 25th -Sept. 28 (Closed to cars May 15th-Oct. 6)
St. Paul Street East
- Location: Marché-Bonsecours to St-Laurent Blvd
- Opens/Closes: May 29-Sept. 1 (Closed to cars May 27-Sept. 2)
- Location: Place Royale E-St. Francois Xavier
- Opens/Closes: May 29th-Sept. 1 (Closed to cars May 27th-Sept. 2)
How excited are you for summer?
For more on all things Montreal, follow Michael on Twitter @MDAlimonte