Montreal may be permanently under construction but if they ever manage to finally finish it all, the city is actually going to look pretty amazing.
And now Guy Laliberte, the founder of Cirque du Soleil wants to build a pretty amazing new entertainment venue on Montreal's Old Port, and it's shaped like a giant pyramid.
TL;DR Montreal is getting a brand new entertainment venue shaped like a giant pyramid next summer.
Here's everything we know about it so far:
- The new pyramid will be 38 meters long and 25 meters high.
- The venue can accommodate 1,000 people
- Although meant for shows, it can will be transformed into a nightclub on weekends
- Despite the way it looks, it's actually a travelling theatre that be packed and moved easily, so if it turns out to be an eyesore we can always move it somewhere else.
- No word yet on when construction will begin, the new venue is already selling tickets for a show scheduled on June 1st 2019.
- The grand opening show is called Au-Dela des Echos and you can purchase your tickets in advance right here.