Okay, I'm sure you read this headline and all let out a huge WTF... am I right?
But it's true, joining the ranks of some of Canada's best festivals, Montreal will see the first ever Vulva Festival this spring, celebrating the wonder of the Vagina.
READ ALSO: It's Official, Halsey Is Coming To Montreal
Now, this may sound like a joke, or that I'm poking fun at an event such as this one, but I absolutely am not.
Vagin Connaisseur will see the inaugural edition of their event, Festivulve, this June.
Their mission is to inspire society by focusing on the beauty and natural diversity of vulvae by making a festive, creative and accessible event for all human beings.
"After the wave of #moiaussi #metoo, it seemed important to give back to the vulva, to celebrate it with a positive spirit and an educational mission. Offer concrete resources while using art, humor and joy as group therapy." Festivulve Mission Statement.
The official programming for Festivulve includes:
- 20 artists (10 on Saturday and 10 on Sunday)
- 9 vaginally relevant organisms
- 12 vulvian workshops (6 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday)
- 20 educational conferences (10 on Saturdays and 10 on Sundays)
- 11 eclectic shows (7 on Saturdays and 4 on Sundays)
- 10 renowned DJs (5 per day, between 10 am and 10 pm)
- LSQ interpreters for Montreal's deaf community
- Free for 12 years old and under.
- Vulva Booth
The Vulva Booth has got to be the most interesting part of this new festival.
This is an intimate space where it will be possible to observe her (the) vulva, and to have it photographed or even molded.