This is breaking news.
As many as 20 schoolchildren in the Montreal neighbourhood of LaSalle have been rushed to a local hospital after becoming ill, according to CTV.
TL;DR According to CTV, as many as 20 children suddenly became very ill at the Ecole des Decouvreurs in the Montreal neighbourhood of Lasalle. Stay tuned for more information.
The children began to suddenly vomit and pass out. All of them are under the age of 13.
In response, the Ecole des Decouvreurs has been evacuated. So far, no cause has been released but an investigation is ongoing. Some suspect a gas leak, but, according to CTV, there is no ongoing construction in the vicinity of the school.
There are no updates about the condition of the sick children.
Update: 17 children and at least one adult has been sent to the hosptial.
Update: Officials now suspect carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame.
More details to follow.