For every dog owner in the city, it's always been pretty difficult finding new and exciting places you could go with your four-legged friend.
Sure, over the last few years more cafés and restaurants have allowed you to sit on their patio with your pup, but it's definitely not the most exciting thing to do. Plus, during winter months you're completely out of luck.
TL;DR Rockland Centre in Montreal is now accepting dogs. Shoppers can bring their dog with them into the North Wing of the mall. The dogs are not allowed in the sotres themselves, the escaltors or the food courts.
How amazing would it be to actually be allowed to bring your dog to thr mall? Not only could you enjoy shopping and walking around, but it's the perfect activity for the colder months of the year when an outdoor walk might just seem a bit unbearable (especially during Montreal's winters).
Well, it turns out we're (as well as our dogs) are in luck!
Since the opening of the Chien Mondain boutique, Rockland Centre has decided to accept dogs in the North wing of the mall. To make sure the experience is great for both two and four-legged shoppers, all dog owners must follow these rules:
- If your dog does "its business" in the shopping centre, you must inform security or customer service so that they can clean the area.
- Your dog must be on leash at all times
- You must control your dog (barking, etc.) at all times.
- You are responsible for any damage caused by your dog. Costs from these damages will be given to you.
- You will be held responsible for any financial or moral damages in case of an incident between your dog and a client.
- The client cannot hold the Rockland Centre accountable for any damages caused by their animal.
- Except service dogs, all dogs are prohibited from entering food courts, escalators and certain stores.
The mall is also offering a dog-sitting service at Chien Mondain boutique. So if you wanted to head to the food court or spend some alone time shopping, you're totally covered! Dog waste bags are also available at the Customer Service desk.
This is an incredible opportunity to finally spend some more time out in the city with your faithful companion. Who knows, maybe even more stores across Montreal will become dog friendly in the future.
For more information you can visit the Rockland Centre website HERE.