This morning, I was procrastinating on Reddit when I saw a bunch of pictures of the Olympic stadium lit up in different colors.
At first it made me sad because all I could think was: "I wonder which country got hit by a terrorist attack this time."
But as it turns out, there's something weird going on.
It all started in Toronto where people have been spreading rumors that the CN tower's color was changing depending on which Pokémon GO Team owned the nearby gym.
- 12 Hidden Montreal Spots You Can Bring A Date To Catch Rare Pokémon
- 7 Montreal STM Bus Lines Where You Can Catch The Most Rare Pokémon
- Pokémon GO Is Uniting Montrealers Like Nothing Else Ever Has. Yes, EVER!
- Video Showing How INSANE Pokémon GO Is In Montreal Right Now
- I Patiently Waited To Download The Official Pokémon GO App In Canada And Now I Regret It
It made sense, why else would the color be changing so often for no reason?
But it turns out it was total bullshit. A spokesperson for the CN tower claims that the tower does not light up for any commercial products or events, according to Buzzfeed Canada.
So that's a bummer.
But that doesn't explain why the CN is changing colors or why the Olympic stadium I changing colors for that matter.
You see, the same rumor has been going around in Montreal for the last few days. There are 3 gyms nearby (One of them is inside the stadium) so the theory makes sense.
But when we contacted the Olympic stadium, no one could confirm nor deny the rumor." class="lml-instagram-embed" />via @undefined
And again, that still doesn't explain why the colors are changing so often.