Montreal has seriously been stepping up its beach game in the last few years. After all, when people think of Montreal, they think of beaches. Okay, so that might not be entirely accurate, and it probably never will be, but that won't stop us from making the best of what we have. There is of course Clock Tower Beach but that pretty much only covers the lying down in the sand part of beach life, it's missing the most essential part: the water.
Well if it's water you want, then Parc Jean Drapeau Beach is the place for you. This gorgeous sandy beach is only 5 minutes from downtown and is easily accessible by metro, car, or bike. It offers several beach activities like volley ball and of course, swimming! There is also access to locker rooms, a snack bar, life vest loans and lounge chair rentals. The beach will be open June 18th to August 23rd, 2015 from 10 am to 7 pm.
- Child 2 years and under: Before 4pm - Free / After 4pm - Free
- Child 3-13 years: Before 4pm - $4.50 / After 4pm - $3.00
- Adult 14 years and over: Before 4pm - $9.00 / After 4pm - $5.00
- Family 2 adults and 2 children: Before 4pm - $22.50 / After 4pm - $13.50
- Family 2 adults and 2 children: $99
- Child: $24
- Adult: $48