Next Week Is International ‘Men Make Dinner Day’
Yaaaas! Yaaaas! Yaaaas!
Get ready ladies, and mark your calendars, because one of the greatest days of the year is coming real soon.
November 3rd is International “Men Make Dinner” Day all over the world.
The day is specifically aimed at the men who never cook, so if your man is already a master chef in the kitchen, then you should probably ignore this.
As the website puts it:
This is a way to get rid of the old 1950's image of when the man worked and the woman stayed home. It's just one small step on equally sharing the responsibilities of making a home and life together.
However, International “Men Make Dinner” day isn't all about fun and games.
There are 10 rules to follow to make this day extra special:
- The man must voluntarily agree to participate without asking for a boys night out in return.
- No barbecue allowed
- No reheating and no ordering pizza
- The man must chooses the recipe.
- The recipe must have a minimum of four ingredients and it must require more than one utensil to cook.
- The man must must do all the ingredient shopping.
- The man must keep the cooking area clean.
- The man must set the table.
- The man must clean the table after dinner.
- The man is on dish duty.
Now in case you're reading these rules out to your man and he seems less than enthused, you can always these 10 extremely valid arguments to convince him:
- While cooking, you can still wear your tool belt, simply replace the hammer with a whisk.
- Several recipes include beer as a legitimate ingredient.
- The blender, the electric mixer and the food processor are loud enough to drown out anyone in the house who is learning a musical instrument.
- Whoever is cooking always gets the most attention from the dog.
- Whatever recipe you choose, you can name it after yourself. Example: tonight’s dinner is called ‘Doug’s Surprise’.
- Discovering that ‘250 ml’ is the same as ‘8 ounces’ AND ‘1 cup’ is half the fun.
- Since YOU choose the recipe, it can be a turnip-free night.
- Some desserts, such as crème brulée, require the use of a propane torch. How much fun is that?!
- Since other husbands in your neighbourhood are also cooking dinner, ironically this could be the ultimate male bonding experience
- Participating in ‘International Men Make Dinner Day’ gives you optimum points with your wife. Use those points wisely!