It was revealed today that Montreal's very own Osheaga Music Festival which was nominated for best Major Festival of the Year at the Live Music Industry Awards during Canadian Music Week 2016 has actually taken the top spot and ranked #1 best in Canada.
What does this mean for the Montreal? Well it's a great accolade for the the city and proving once again that it knows how to put on a great show time and time again. Not only that but solidifies Osheaga as a festival which is here to stay and has shown it sticks out of the crowd amongst some stiff competition in the rest of the country.
Below is the list of all the nominees this year.
- Boots & Hearts in Oro Medonte, ON
- Osheaga Music and Arts Festival in Montreal, QC
- RBC Bluesfest in Ottawa, ON
- Squamish Valley Music Festival in Squamish, BC
- Wayhome Music and Arts Festival in Oro Medonte, ON