I think it's safe to say that everyone is looking forward to the long weekend ahead of us! With a ton of fun things to do in Montreal this weekend, it's no wonder most people are looking forward to it.
Even if you don't have much planned for this weekend and plan to relax it's still great to have a 3-day weekend.
The only drawback to a long weekend, as we all know is that some stores and businesses will be closed. We will also be experiencing extremely hot weather again this weekend (we just can't seem to get a break)!
If you don't have A/C and were planning on escaping the hot weather by retreating indoors to your favourite shop, you will definitely want to know which ones are opened and which ones aren't.
This list is of all the places that will be closed this weekend, so you can plan ahead and have fun on your holidays!
Closed on Labour Day, Monday, September 3rd:
- The borough offices
- Offices Accès-Montreal and the various service points
- The Claude-Robillard sports complex
- The Montreal Soccer Stadium
- The Municipal Court
- Large grocery stores
- Shopping malls and retail stores (except some local ones- at their discretion).
- Collection of green waste in borough of Montreal-North will be taking place on Tuesday, September 4th (more info here), instead of the Monday.
Open on Labour Day, Monday, September 3rd:
- The Botanical Garden
- Montreal Insectarium
- The Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium
- Swimming pools
- Sports centers
- Tennis courts
- Libraries and cultural venues
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Farmer's markets
- La Ronde
- Most restaurants
- Small grocery stores
With plenty of stores still open this weekend, there's so many fun things to do!