In Quebec, we might know Victoria Day as National Patriots Day/Journée des patriotes, but to Canadians everywhere, it means one thing: a well-needed day of rest and celebration.
For some of us, that means chilling in a park with some food and our closest friends. For others, it means chilling in bed all day, or maybe - chilling in bed all day with a pitcher of sangria close at hand.
For all of us, though, need to know what is actually staying open this Monday, May 21 for Victoria Day.
We've got your back on this one. Just remember that some spots on this list can actually stay open or closed at their own discretion, so if you're planning an excursion on Victoria Day in Montreal, it's always best to call ahead or check online ahead of time. But here is the general overview.
- Most malls and retail shops
- Supermarkets operate regular hours
- Public Transport STM (operating on weekend schedule)
- SAQ classic and express (unless inside a mall)
- Movies theatres, La Ronde, and Casino.
- Jean-Talon, Atwater, Lachine and Maisonneuve markets
- The Botanical Garden, Biodôme, Insectarium and Planetarium
- Arenas, libraries, sports centre, swimming pools, cultural venues will operate according to schedules set by boroughs
- Federal, provincial and municipal offices.
- Montreal municipal court
- Some restaurants (many are closed Monday anyways)
- Postal service (no mail will be delivered)