Ah, Victoria Day (or National Patriot's Day in Quebec). A day off right at the beginning of spring, there's no better time to chill TF out and bask in the glory that is a long weekend.
The holiday is takes place on May 23, 2016 this year, and although many of us will take the very welcome opportunity to chill in bed and do basically nothing, some of us still want to get stuff done.
If you fall in the latter category, then no worries. I got your back.
- Most SAQs (click here for more information)
- Most pharmacies
- Most grocery stores
- Most movie theatres
- Most shopping malls
- Most big retail stores (Wal-Mart, IKEA, etc...)
- Outdoor markets (like Jean-Talon and Atwater Markets)
- Garbage pickup will continue as normal
- Generally, restaurants will remain open, but call ahead just to make sure
- STM buses and metros will run on weekend schedules (click here for more information)
- AMT trains will run on weekend schedules (check the website for more information)
- Postal services
- All government offices (federal and provincial)
- Municipal courts and most city offices