A "basic bitch" is a trendy slang term that will most probably die in 2016, but it's quite relevant at the moment. So who exactly is a basic bitch? In a nutshell, she is about everything popular and mainstream. There's nothing wrong with being a basic bitch, by the way. There's nothing exciting about being one either.
Basic bitches walk among us and might not be easily spottable to the untrained eye. Have no fear though, I'm here to help. Without further ado, here are a few signs that will help you spot a Montreal basic bitch in no time.
1. She's singing along to Taylor Swift while shopping on St.Catherine street
"I knew you were trouble when you walked iiiiin"
2. She literally can't right now
Like, OMG, did you hear The WEEKND is coming to Montreal? Literally dying right now.
3. She's wearing UGGS
It doesn't matter if it's hot outside. UGGS are a fashion statement, k?
Photo cred - Giphy
4. She's way too excited for pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks
She can't wait for fall fashion, scarves and pumpkin spice lattes.
5. She believes in hashtags
Her Instagram is over saturated with hashtags #blessed #lovemylife #ootd #ootn #youcantsitwithus #Montreal
6. She's wearing a flower band at Osheaga
And high waisted shorts with classic Converse shoes.
7. She knows that Sundays are for Beachclub or Piknic Electronik
Now you know where to find her and her main bitches on Sundays.
8. She has a basic bitch tattoo
A feather, an inspirational quote, an anchor, birds flying away, etc.
Photo cred - Instacouples
9. She calls her boyfriend "bae"
Caption - "Relaxing weekend in Tremblant with my bae #blessed #loveyou #loveofmylife #myeverything"
10. She's a serial Snapchatter
Everyone needs to know what she's up to every single second of her life.