Are you out and about every weekend? My friend, I hate to break it to you, but you might be suffering from a bad case of FOMO. If you're not familiar with the term "FOMO", I'll explain what it is. You know that feeling of anxiety one gets when thinking that he/she is missing out on a fun party? Sounds familiar? I thought so. So here are ten signs that you're a Montrealer suffering from FOMO.
1. You start making weekend plans on Monday
It's Monday 8 a.m., you're on your way to work or school, inside a busy metro car texting your friends, like: "Hey, what's the plan this Friday!!!!!"
2. Netflix & Chill is NOT part of your plans
Your weekends are crazy, loud, memorable, filled with $2 chow mein at 3 a.m... You have no interest in staying home and/or chilling.
3. You go out even if there's a snow storm outside
No matter the weather conditions, you're on your way to St-Laurent street, ready to turn up. Snow is not going to stop you from having fun.
4. You spend way too much money at the SAQ
Every trip to the SAQ leaves you broke. Then your friends come over and everything you buy miraculously disappears. Where does all the booze go? You'll never know.
5. When your friends go out without you... it's a sad day
Why would they do this to you???
6. You hate it when people talk about an event you weren't invited to
They went to Apt. 200 and then decided to talk about that weird dude dancing in the middle of the crowd. Why were you not invited again? Why?
7. You know all the "happening" Montreal spots/events
8. You go out even if you're really sick
Flu? Nothing a couple of vodka shots and Advils can't fix.
9. Watching fun Snapchat stories makes you anxious
You see people at New City Gas dancing, drinking, screaming out incomprehensible things and all you can think of, "Why am I not there right now? FML!"