Gamers of Montreal, you have a very special evening ahead of you. Tonight, the Montreal-branch of the International Game Developer Association, aka the IGDA, is hosting a gaming night like no other at the SAT, where you'll have the chance to play over twenty video games well before their release. Your gamer-cred will instantly be boosted.
Dubbed DemoNight, the gaming event at the SAT will feature 21 video games that are currently in the "work-in-progress" stage, so while they're incomplete, you will be getting the first glimpses of the new projects from both big name studios and indie developers in Montreal. Be sure to quote that on the r/gaming threads after the event.
Free for all members of the IGDA, and only $5 for everyone else, DemoNight 2015 will begin tonight at the SAT on Saint Laurent street, starting at 6:30pm and ending at 10pm. All demos will last a total of 5 minutes of game time, and below you'll find a rundown of the games and the developers. For more info, head to the event listing here.
1. Black the Fall - Sand Sailor Studios (action)
2. Close Castles - Sirvo (multiplayer strategy)
3. Curses ‘N Chaos - Tribute Games (co-op brawler)
4. Dead Years - ZeroByte Games (RPG)
5. Gardenarium - Paloma Dawkins with KO-OP Mode (adventure/strategy)
6. Glimpse - Stevie Jay Games (puzzle)
7. Hitman: Sniper - Square Enix Montréal (action)
8. Jotun - Thunder Lotus Games (action)
9. KatanaZer0 - Askiisoft
10. KWAAN - Ankama Canada (online adventure)
11. Land of Traps - Red Se3d Studio (platformer)
12. Leap of Fate - Clever-Plays (action)
13. Mafia Casino - Beam Me Up Games & Boîte de Jeux (strategy)
14. Moon Hunters - Kitfox Games (co-op RPG)
15. Mordheim: City of the Damned - Rogue Factor (turn-based strategy)
Montreal's iconic Greenspot restaurant is selling hot dogs for $0.74 this weekend, September 18 and 19, to celebrate its 74th anniversary.
On Facebook, the Saint-Henri institution says it's converting its small parking lot on avenue Greene into a picnic area for the event.
And the wiener fun doesn't stop there. Greenspot is having a contest on its Instagram page where followers have the chance to win 74 hot dogs — a prize they can redeem at their discretion.
The restaurant invites followers to share the Instagram post and tag three friends to enter the contest.
Daily two-for-one deals have also been part of the 74th-anniversary celebrations.
Dating back to 1947, Greenspot serves American and Quebec diner classics (including a long list of hearty poutines) amid retro decor (including individual table jukeboxes — they don't work but they're super charming!).
Get the details on the 74th-anniversary hot dog deal below.
Greenspot Diner 74¢ Hot Dogs
When: September 18 and 19, 2021
Where: Greenspot restaurant, 3041, rue Notre-Dame O, Montreal, QC